Senior Project Manager – Client Side
Root Partnerships is one of Australia’s leading project advisory and project management practices, defining and delivering some of the most iconic and challenging projects in our community, like Western Sydney Airport and The Sydney Opera House.
We work across a diverse portfolio including Arts, Cultural, Civil, Education, Health, Commercial and other Social Infrastructure building projects. We not only do end to end delivery of projects but we provide high level strategic advice to clients at the front end of major construction projects. We are an organisation who is passionate about empowering our team to perform at their best.
We are looking for a Senior Project Manager to work alongside the Client. The role will establish and manage client consultants, develop and manage the project program and budget.
An Ideal Candidate
- Manage projects using appropriate project controls to ensure projects are completed on time, within the approved budget and to the approved scope and quality requirements.
- Develop and manage the project program to ensure all project milestones are achieved and that any risks are identified and mitigated as early as possible.
- Implement stakeholder engagement strategy.
- Develop a business case and business readiness plan to operationalize the new assets.
- Develop and manage the transition planning and organizational change process to support delivery of new facilities
- Manage consultants, the procurement process, including the preparation of tender documentation and contracts, and the management of contract negotiation, approvals and the contract execution process to ensure that obligations under the contract are met.
- Develop and prepare comprehensive project briefs and project plans.
- Attend and complete all required WH&S training, toolbox talks and briefings as directed and comply with WHS legislative obligations.
- Suitable tertiary qualifications in either project management, business administration, planning, architecture, engineering, property development, building science or related degree
Skills and Experience
- Project Management – accountable and deadline focused
- Organisational change management
- Property and/or development experience
- Leadership skills
- Financial and budget management skills
- Sound understanding project risk management and governance
- Intermediate MS Project Skills
- Minimum of 10 years’ relevant post graduate project or business-related experience
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing multi-disciplinary teams
- Government service or community use property experience is desirable
- Client-side project management experience of similar scale projects is desirable
To apply for this role please click the ‘APPLY FOR THIS JOB’ button