Project Manager – $80M Arts Project
Root Partnerships is one of Australia’s leading project advisory and project management practices, defining and delivering some of the most iconic and challenging projects in our community, like Western Sydney Airport and The Sydney Opera House.
We work across a diverse portfolio including Arts, Cultural, Civil, Education, Health, Commercial and other Social Infrastructure building projects. We not only do end to end delivery of projects but we provide high level strategic advice to clients at the front end of major construction projects.
We are looking for a Project Manager to join our busy team in Sydney. The initial project, this role would be assigned to is a $80M Arts project that would be in the construction stage of its project life cycle out on site.
We are looking for someone who has worked for a head contractor or who has worked for another client side consultancy but has strong skills in the project delivery stage (i.e. construction phase) and therefore who would have the requisite skills to oversee the project and the contractor whilst this project is in construction. This would suit someone who is keen to make the transition from head contracting to a client side project management role or perhaps someone who has strong delivery skills who is currently in a client side role. We are looking for someone who has 7+ years industry experience and who has been living and working in Australia for the last 4 years.
- Will have either worked at a head contractor or another project management consultancy with experience of the construction phases of large building projects
- Will have at least 4 years of their total experience gained in Australia
- Will have contract administration skills
- Will have a strong work ethic and passion for quality
- Ability to lead multi-million dollar projects across multiple sites concurrently.
- Proven experience in master planning, strategic thinking, design and project delivery
- Experience in structuring the creative formation and delivery of complex infrastructure projects.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and capacity to productively and sensitively engage with stakeholders from disparate backgrounds with varying expectations.
- Experience in collaborating in teams delivering innovative and sustainable projects within strictly controlled, system budget competing priorities.
- Experience in managing projects within agreed budgets and project processes.
Skills and Experience
- Have a background in the construction industry e.g. a Project Engineer, Civil or Structural Engineer or Construction Project Manager, Quantity Surveyor.
- Someone who understands the life cycle of a large building project
- Have the right to work in Australia
- Ideally worked for Australian public or blue chip private clients for the last 2-3 years in Australia
To apply for this role please click the ‘APPLY FOR THIS JOB’ button