Assistant Project Manager – Building Construction
Root Partnerships is one of Australia’s leading project advisory and project management practices, defining and delivering some of the most iconic and challenging projects in our community such as Western Sydney Airport and the Sydney Opera House.
Root Partnerships is passionate about empowering our team to perform at their best.
We are looking for an Assistant Project Manager to work alongside a Senior Project Manager to deliver a major building project for a blue chip client.
In this role you – along with the Senior Project Manager – will guide the client through the construction stage of a $50 million building project through defects, commissioning and handover.
Ideally you will have some experience working for a head contractor on large building projects. You might currently be a project engineer working for a main contractor, a contracts administrator or an assistant project manager who has been working in a client-side capacity.
We need someone who strives to add value to a project and who our client will enjoy working with. You will also be highly presentable, set high standards for yourself and have a thirst for learning on the job.
An ideal candidate:
- Will have some experience of working for a head contractor
- Will have some experience of managing payment claims and variations
- Will understand the principals of administering a contract
- Will have the right people skills to build relationships with the client and the contractor
- Have a tertiary degree in construction, engineering, architecture or similar
- Have been living in Australia for the last 3 years
- Be an Australian Citizen or have the right to work in Australia.