Project Manager – Major Building Construction
Root Partnerships is one of Australia’s leading project advisory and project management practices, defining and delivering some of the most iconic and challenging projects in our community, like Western Sydney Airport and The Sydney Opera House.
We work across a diverse portfolio including Arts, Cultural, Civil, Education, Health, Commercial and other Social Infrastructure. We not only do end to end delivery of projects but we provide high level strategic advice to clients at the front end of major construction projects
We are looking for a Project Manager to join our busy team in Sydney. As we work on many interesting and complex projects we require people in the team with strong stakeholder management skills and the ability to think laterally to solve problems.
- The initial project is a $100m building extension to an occupied building which is in the construction phase of the project life cycle.
- This is part of a roll out of upgrade work to a suite of major building assets
- As the building is live, experience working in live environments and staging works is desirable.
- Will have some head contractor building experience
- Will have worked on larger building projects
- Will have the right interpersonal skills to build relationships with the client and the contractor
- Will have strong contract administration skills
Skills and Experience
- Have a background in the construction industry e.g. an Architect, Project Engineer, Civil or Structural Engineer or construction Project Manager.
- Someone who understands the lifecycle of a large building project
- Will possess tertiary qualifications in building, engineering or architecture
- Have the right to work in Australia and are currently based in Sydney (preferred).
- Ideally worked for Australian public or blue chip private clients for the last 2-3 years in Australia