Project Manager – Aviation Projects
Root Partnerships is one of Australia’s leading project advisory and project management practices, defining and delivering some of the most iconic and challenging projects in our community including Melbourne Airport, Bunjil Place, many of Victoria’s major Universities and he Sydney Opera House.
We commit to providing our people with access to tailored professional development, training programs and the opportunity for career advancement. We recognise the importance of work and life balance, and aim to facilitate an environment that makes this possible through our health and wellbeing programs.
We are seeking a Project Manager with 7 years of industry experience for our Melbourne Office Airport Team.
The scope of works that can crop up in an airport environment is diverse. One moment we can be upgrading the entire fire systems right through to replacing the HV plant, refurbishing the baggage handling area or looking at upgrading a switch board. The sort of person who would be good at this type of work could have come up through a trades route into a PM role or could be someone with a buildings services background; possibly a HVAC engineer, electrical engineer or even someone with a baggage handling background.
The project sizes can range from $2m to larger projects of up to $50m. Ideally we need someone who understands the mechanical and electrical components of the airport infrastructure in enough detail to be able to direct subcontractors, assist with scope development of the works and generally have a good understanding of the various trade components that could be involved in airport work.
- May have developed their skills through the trades route before becoming a Project Manager
- May come from building services, fire, HVAC, electrical or baggage handling backgrounds
- Ideally comfortable managing small and large projects
- Someone who has enough knowledge of the trades components of the plant and equipment commonly found in an airport (or similar) environment to facilitate scope development for any major upgrades or refurbishment projects, and subsequent installation and commissioning.
- Someone who understands the H&S aspects of working in a live environment such as a busy airport.
Qualifications and Experience
- 4 + years as a PM (7 years total industry experience).
- Trades, design or construction experience in one of the following commercial, HVAC, Electrical, baggage handling, fire or extensive knowledge of airport equipment.