Root Partnerships is one of Australia’s leading project advisory and project management practices, defining and delivering some of the most iconic and challenging projects in our community, like Western Sydney Airport and The Sydney Opera House.
We work across a diverse portfolio including Arts, Cultural, Civil, Education, Health, Commercial and other Social Infrastructure. We not only do end to end delivery of projects but we provide high level strategic advice to clients at the front end of major construction projects.
We are looking for a Project Manager to join our busy team in Sydney. As we work on many interesting and complex projects we require people in the team with strong stakeholder management skills and the ability to think laterally to solve problems.
Each person in the business is assigned a mentor and given a development plan to align with where they want to take their career, and we as a business have a strong focus on developing skills.
We have incredible team and great projects to work on. We also have a full social calendar which is populated each quarter by our wonderful health and wellbeing committee.
- The initial project is a $30 million high rise building which is going to be taken from procurement of contractors through delivery to hand over.
- This particular project will run for 18 months and will be based out of our CBD office with some travel to site as required.
- The type of person that would do well would be someone who understands the delivery side of a project. Perhaps someone who has worked for a contractor but who would like to work on the client side or someone who has contract administration skills and would like to get into project management.
- Will be comfortable administering a contract of this size
- Will be highly presentable and have the right skills to be the main point of contact for the client
- Will be committed to excellence in delivery and have the right skills for managing the many stakeholders involved in a project of this size.
Skills and Experience
- Have a background in the construction industry e.g. an Architect, Project Engineer, Civil or Structural Engineer or Construction Project Manager.
- Someone who understands the lifecycle of a large building project
- Will possess tertiary qualifications in building, engineering or architecture
- Have the right to work in Australia and are currently based in Sydney (preferred)
- Ideally worked for Australian Public or blue chip private clients for the last 2-3 years in Australia.
If you are interested in this role or other roles at Root Partnerships please apply below.