Root Partnerships is one of Australia’s leading project advisory and project management practices, defining and delivering some of the most iconic and challenging projects in our community, like Melbourne Airport, Bunjil Place, many of Victoria’s major universities and the Sydney Opera House.
We are looking for a Project Manager to work alongside the Senior Project Manager initially to deliver a series of capital works projects for one of our Tertiary Education clients. You will support the Senior Project Manager in guiding the projects through the life cycle from inception to design development, tendering and delivery.
The type of candidate that will work well in this team is someone who likes to problem solve and who likes to be innovative. We also need someone who is adaptable as our project base spans across a number of sectors including arts and culture, aviation, education, health, heritage and industrial projects.
What underpins the success of a person who is able to work across this diverse portfolio is someone one who sets high standards of performance for themselves, someone who will go the extra mile for the client, and someone who can innovate and bring value to the client through our applied thinking strategies.
We have a team that has come from diverse backgrounds including architects, PMO specialists, contractors, structural engineers and developers, all of whom bring a great perspective and contribution to the life cycle of the project.
The ideal candidate:
- Will have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Possesses a collaborative working style
- Is able to think outside the box and use their initiative to help the clients find the best solutions
- The ability to present well in any client meeting
- Will be highly professional and ethical
- Self-motivated and a thirst for learning and self-improvement
- Ambition to push your career forward within our career framework
- Enjoys complex projects
- Can grasp the commercial aspects of a project
- Someone who is interested in contributing to a positive working environment
- Who can be relied upon to do the right thing
- Someone who is interested in building long term lasting relationships with clients
- Who works collaboratively
- Have been living and working in Australia for the last 3 years
- Be an Australian Citizen or have the right to work in Australia
If you are interested in this role or interested in hearing about other roles we might have at Root Partnerships please apply below.