Senior Project Manager – Education
Root Partnerships (RP) is a leading provider of specialist project management and advisory services, recognised for its continued successful delivery of complex and high-profile projects.
Since 1994 RP has had the unique opportunity to work with many of Australia’s most iconic brands and institutions including federal, state and local governments and agencies, public-private partnerships, private sector companies, and not-for-profits. It is our focus on quality and our collaborative approach that has enabled us to establish long-standing relationships with both our clients and industry partners.
We have a senior team of highly experienced project managers with significant front-end advisory, project management, design management and construction delivery experience who have a genuine interest in, and current understanding of, what is required to deliver extraordinary projects.
We are looking for a Client-Side Senior Project Manager to join our team to work across a diverse portfolio of building projects including a number of education projects. The right candidate will also have strong stakeholder management skills and the ability to think laterally, critically, and strategically to solve problems.
We are looking for someone who shares our passion for doing things the right way and who strives for excellence in everything they do.
- Previous experience on education projects would be advantageous.
- Previous experience on government building projects would be advantageous.
- Experience taking complex construction projects from concept design through the SSDA process.
- Experience in procurement of technical consultants and design management
- Experience in procurement of head contractors
- Experience in management of the delivery stages of a construction project including contract administration.
- Exceptional client facing skills required – strong verbal, written and presentation skills to underpin your ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Previous experience working for a client-side consultancy essential.
- Broader sector experience outside education projects would be of interest as we work on a diverse portfolio of projects.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 6 + years of relevant experience in the construction industry.
- Tertiary qualifications in civil or structural engineering, architecture, construction management, quantity surveying or similar.
To apply for this role please submit your details and CV below.